This bread will fill your house with a delicious aroma and your body with the nutrients it needs. Whole wheat flour is an excellent source of dietary fiber, which enhances the functions of the digestive tract and keeps the digestion smooth and regular. It also helps reduce the risk of heart disease by regulating cholesterol levels. Sacha inchi adds a good dose of complete protein to this delicious bread, which will keep you full for longer while helping you maintain a healthy weight. Besides crunchiness, a mixture of pumpkin, sunflower, and flax seeds also gives this recipe an injection of essential vitamins and minerals for optimal health.
- In a large bowl, place the flour, sacha inchi, salt, and yeast. Give it a mix. (2 minutes)
- Add the honey to warm water and mix to dissolve. Make sure that the water's temperature is between 105°F and 110°F (40°C - 43°C). Colder water will fail to activate the yeast, while one that is too hot might kill the yeast. (2 minutes)
- Pour the water mixture into the bowl and mix to everything is well incorporated. The dough will be sticky. (2 minutes)
- Then transfer the dough into a lightly oiled bread loaf, cover it with a clean, cotton kitchen towel, and set aside to rise for half an hour. Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C). (30 minutes)
- Uncover and sprinkle the top with the seeds (flax, sunflowers, and pumpkin). Place in the oven and bake until golden brown. (40 minutes)
- Once baked, take it out of the oven and let cool completely. Enjoy!
This sacha inchi whole wheat bread can be a nutritious base for your healthy sandwiches, especially when topped with a homemade maca hummus, basil tomatoes, garlic guacamole as well as drunken prune jam and goldenberry jam.