This recipe is a great way to enjoy the deep, sweet flavor of prunes. This antioxidant-rich creation will help regulate your blood sugar levels and improve digestion. Topped off with immune-boosting cinnamon and a splash of cognac, you're in for a treat. It's the perfect complement to bagels, toast, or ice cream.
- Boil the water. Remove from heat.(5 minutes)
- In a small bowl, stir tea in water and let steep.(5 minutes)
- Strain tea into a saucepan with brown sugar and cinammon and bring the mixture into a boil. Let it simmer unil it has acquired a syrup-like consistency.(5 minutes)
- In a large bowl, stir together the prunes and syrup. Let cool.(1 hour)
- Prepare two 1-pint sized canning jars. Make sure they are sterilized.
- Divide the prunes and the syrup mixture evenly among the two jars. Add one vainilla bean and half the cognac to each jar.
- Seal jars and turn upside down to combine.
- Store in refrigerator right side up for 1 week to let the prunes plump up.
- Finally, drain the prunes and reserve the liquid. Gently pureé the prunes with a food processor, adding the syrup and cognac mix slowly, until it acquires the desired consistency.
The resulting jam can be spread on bagels and pastries or used as a topping for ice cream.