Baba ganoush is a flavorful dish that originated in Levant cuisine and spread around the world, conquering the palates of dip lovers. Besides its rich flavor and creamy texture, baba ganoush is quite nutritious as it contains key macro- and micronutrients from eggplant, sesame seeds, and olive oil.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.
- Cut the eggplants lengthwise and brush them lightly with olive oil. Put them on the baking sheet cut sides down and roast for about an hour, or until they are tender.(1 hour)
- Take the eggplants out of the oven and set them aside until cool enough to handle. Then scoop out the flesh and discard the skin. Place the eggplant flesh in a strainer and let it drain for about 20 minutes.(20 minutes)
- Then place the eggplant flesh in a food processor along with the other ingredients and process until smooth. Alternatively, you can whip it up with a spoon. Adjust the seasoning to your liking and transfer the mixture to a bowl.(5 minutes)
- Drizzle with olive oil and garnish with parsley. Enjoy!
Serve your baba ganoush with crackers, pita bread, or veggie sticks. It is also amazing as a sandwich spread.