It might be difficult to believe that the aromatic flavors of these cream-filled coffee cups come from wholesome ingredients. Coffee, which infuses the dough, is known to lift energy, boost metabolism, and have neuro-protective compounds. Almonds add a lot of fiber, healthy fats, and nutrients important for strong hearts and healthy cholesterol levels. Filled with hazelnut cream and topped with brain-stimulating cacao nibs, this delicious dessert is a true delight not only for the mouth, but also for the body.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C) and line a mini muffin pan with parchment paper or the liners.(2 minutes)
- Mix together the almond flour, coconut oil, honey, salt, and coffee. Mix well. The mixture should hold form when pressed. If too wet, add some more ground almonds. If too dry, add some more coconut oi.(3 minutes)
- Evenly divide the dough between the muffin cups and using your fingers, press it into the bottom and up the sides.(2 minutes)
- Place in the oven and bake for 7 to 10 minutes until golden brown.(10 minutes)
- Take the cups out of the oven. The dough has puffed up, covering the holes. Insert the back of a wooden spoon in the middle of each cup and gently push the dough to the sides in a circular motion. Make sure not to press all the day do the bottom. Then set aside to cool.(3 minutes)
- When cool completely, add the chocolate hazelnut cream into a pipping bag and fill each cup.(2 minutes)
- Sprinkle with cacao nibs and - optionally - with powdered sugar for garnish. Enjoy!(1 minute)