- Estimated Time5 Minutes
- Yield3/4 cup
- 4 tablespoons of Lucuma Powder
- 1 cup of Cashews (raw)
- 1/4 cup of Maple Syrup
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of Lemon Juice
- 5 tablespoons of Water (or non-dairy milk)
- 1 teaspoon of Coconut oil
- Salt (a pinch)
This vegan cream comes together in minutes and surprises with a great combination of flavors. Lucuma, a South American fruit recognized for its role in reducing blood sugar and high blood pressure, adds mild sweetness and exotic undertones to this cream. Cashews, on the other hand, contain a richness of healthy fats and essential nutrients, like copper, zinc, or vitamins E, K, and B6. Sweetened with maple syrup, this lucuma recipe is definitely a keeper.
- Soak the cashews in water overnight.
- Drain the cashews and place them in a blender. Add the rest of the ingredients and process into a smooth cream. If necessary, adjust the consistency by adding a little bit of water.(5 minutes)
- Transfer into a bowl and chill in the refrigerator until serving. Enjoy!
This healthy lucuma cashew cream is delicious on its own or with fresh fruits, like strawberries, mango, or bananas. It can also complement a rich variety of healthy desserts. Some great ideas include grilled peaches with lucuma cashew cream and pistachios or lucuma cashew and maca chocolate cream in a jar.