- Estimated Time12 Minutes
- Yield2 1/2 cups
- 2 tablespoons of Maca Powder
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of Cacao Powder
- 1/3 cup of Maple Syrup (or honey)
- 3 tablespoons of Cornstarch
- 2 1/2 cups of Whole Milk (or non-dairy substitute)
This healthy maca chocolate cream comes together in minutes from ingredients commonly found in most kitchens, which is especially helpful when sudden cravings strike.
Maca goes really well with cacao, especially in homemade creams and puddings. This powerful South American herb also readily shares its sterols and fatty acid amides, which have been found to have hormone-balancing effects. Cacao, on the other hand, is rich in alkaloids, which are linked to increasing energy levels and improving mood. Overall, this easy-to-make cream is a delightfully wholesome dessert.
- Place two cups of milk, cacao powder, and maple syrup in a saucepan. Mix well and heat it up.(5 minutes)
- In a cup, mix the remaining half a cup of milk with the cornstarch until well dissolved.(2 minutes)
- Add the cornstarch milk mixture into the saucepan with warm milk. Whisk vigorously to prevent clumps. Cook for two more minutes and take it off the heat.(3 minutes)
- Add the vanilla extract and mix. Transfer into an airtight container and set aside to cool. Then place in the fridge for a few hours or overnight so that the cream thickens.(2 minutes)
For extra indulgence, you may add some chocolate chips into the mixture just as you take it off the stove.
This delicious chocolate cream with maca powder can be eaten on its own or used as a filling in various healthy desserts.