Fire cider is a popular herbal remedy, whose name truly reflects its medicinal potential. It is packed with powerful ingredients that naturally enhance the immune system with their anti-inflammatory compounds. Pleasantly sweet and tangy, this fire cider tonic is a great weapon against seasonal infections, sinus congestion, digestive issues, and more!
- Prepare a 1-quart glass jar.
- Place all of the ingredients in a jar, except for the apple cider vinegar and honey. Push it down a little bit, if necessary.(5 minutes)
- Pour the apple cider vinegar into the jar until all of the ingredients are completely covered. Add more if needed.(2 minutes)
- Put the lid on. If using a metal lid, put a piece of parchment paper over the mouth of the jar and then put the metal lid on to prevent it from touching the liquid.(1 minute)
- Store the mixture in a cool, dark place for 4-6 weeks. Try to give it a quick shake every day.
- Using a cheesecloth or a very fine mesh strainer, strain the mixture, reserving the liquid.(2 minutes)
- Add the honey and give it a good stir. Adjust the sweetness according to your preference.(1 minute)
- Store in the refrigerator for up to a month. Enjoy!
Drink about 1-2 tablespoons of this fire cider tonic daily for optimal results. You can also mix it with water or drizzle it over a salad.