Besides their versatility, eggplants are a great option for those watching their cholesterol levels. In this recipe, a delicious vegetable mixture used to stuff the eggplant brings an abundance of dietary fiber and important nutrients, like vitamins A and C, potassium, copper, and manganese. Such a flavorful pairing is guaranteed to leave everyone's taste buds fully satisfied.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Cut the eggplant in half lengthwise. Gently cut out the meat, leaving about a quarter inch thick shell. Cube the meat.(5 minutes)
- In a pot, sauté the onions on medium heat until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for about a minute.(6 minutes)
- Add the eggplant meat, bell peppers, tomatoes, and zucchini cubes as well as the spices. Give it a stir and cook until the mixture thickens and vegetables soften.(10 minutes)
- Place the eggplant shells in an oven-proof baking dish. Fill them with the veggie mixture. Bake for 25-30 minutes.(30 minutes)
- Take out of the oven and set aside for a few minutes to cool. Garnish with parsley and enjoy!