- Estimated Time51 Minutes
Many people do not eat eggplants unless baked with marinara and Parmesan cheese without ever discovering the vegetable's other delicious uses. Besides its versatility, eggplant is a great option for those watching their cholesterol levels as it has chloronic acid, which has been found to lower the levels of low-density lipids (LDL). A delicious vegetable mixture used to stuff the eggplant brings an abundance of dietary fiber and important nutrients, like vitamins A and C, potassium, copper, and manganese. Such a delicious combination in this vegan stuffed eggplant recipe is guaranteed to leave everyone's cravings fully satisfied.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Cut the eggplant in half lengthwise. Gently cut out the meat, leaving about a quarter inch thick shell. Cube the meat. (5 minutes)
- In a pot, saute the onions on medium heat until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for about a minute. (6 minutes)
- Add the eggplant meat, bell peppers, tomatoes, and zucchini cubes as well as the spices. Give it a stir and cook until the mixture thickens and vegetables are soften. (10 minutes)
- Place the eggplant shells in an oven-proof baking dish. Fill them with the veggie mixture. Bake for 25-30 minutes. (30 minutes)
- Take out of the oven and aside for a few minutes. Garnish with parsley and enjoy!