Spinach and chickpea-stuffed sweet potatoes are a filling and delicious idea for a wholesome lunch or a quick dinner. Sweet potatoes are rich in complex carbohydrates that are essential for regulating blood sugar levels, reducing cholesterol, and helping digestion. Moreover, their beta-carotene content helps maintain healthy skin, hair, and vision. Chickpeas is not only rich in protein, but also a remarkable source of essential nutrients, like manganese, copper, iron, zinc, and vitamins B. Enhanced with highly nutritious spinach, this recipe for stuffed sweet potatoes is definitely a keeper.
- Preheat the oven to 400° F (204°C). Wash the sweet potatoes and dry well. Using a fork, poke several hole in each potato. Then place them on a baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes or until tender.(45 minutes)
- In the meantime, saute the onions until translucent.
- Add the garlic and saute it for about a minute until fragrant. Then add the cumin, turmeric, tomato paste, and water. Mix well.
- Add the chickpeas and mix well. Let it simmer for a few minutes until everything is coated with the sauce.
- Finally, add the spinach, give it a mix, and let it cook for one more minute.
- Take the sweet potatoes out of the oven and place them on a dish. Using a knife, cut a slit lengthwise in each potato and stuff them with the chickpea spinach mixture. Serve right away and enjoy!(2 minutes)