These nutritious vegan crepes will quickly become everyone's favorite for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and in between! They are made with wholesome flours from almonds and coconut as well as ground flax. They also contain maca, which adds alkaloids famous for their balancing effects on the endocrine system. The homemade chocolate hazelnut spread featured in this vegan crepe recipe has a mild sweetness and is filled with nutritious goodness, such as hazelnuts and brain-boosting cacao.
- Start by making a flax egg. Add ground flax seeds to a small bowl and add warm water. Mix well.(1 minute)
- Place all of the ingredients, including the flax egg, into a large bowl and whisk until there are no lumps.(2 minutes)
- Put the heat on medium. Lightly oil the skillet with a brush, take a ladle's worth of mixture, and pour it in the center of the skillet. Lift the skillet and gently swirl the mixture to cover it entirely. Cook until the edges are crispy, and the center is still slightly soft. Then flip it and cook for one more minute. Transfer it to a plate. The mixture should make four crepes.(4 minutes)
- Spread a tablespoon of chocolate hazelnut cream on half of the crepe and fold it. Repeat with the rest of the crepes.(2 minutes)
- Garnish with fresh strawberries and - optionally - with a little bit of powdered sugar. Enjoy!(2 minutes)
These easy, eggless crepes are also great with other fresh fruits, such as raspberries, blueberries, mango, or bananas.