This recipe is a great make-ahead breakfast and a delicious way to put the goldenberry jam to use. These exotic fruits, which are also known as cape gooseberries or Inca berries, have an addictive tangy flavor as well as good amounts of dietary fiber and anti-inflammatory compounds. Papaya is low in calories and high in beneficial nutrients, helpful in lowering cholesterol, boosting immunity, and improving digestion. Yogurt provides good amounts of probiotics for optimal gut function, while granola gives this recipe a delicious crunch.
- Start by putting two tablespoons of natural yogurt in each glass or mason jar.(1 minute)
- Top the yogurt with two tablespoons of goldenberry jam.(1 minute)
- Put two more tablespoons of yogurt on top of the jam.(1 minute)
- Place fresh papaya cubes on top, followed by dried goldenberries.(1 minute)
- Finish it off with some granola and enjoy right away!(1 minute)
Assembling this morning delight is even faster when you have pre-made granola on hand, like this maca granola with cacao nibs and sacha inchi.
If you don't have homemade granola in your pantry, you can top your papaya cape gooseberry parfait with some chopped nuts, such as almonds, pecans, or walnuts, or dried fruits, like mango, cranberries, or goji berries. Cacao nibs on their own also make for a great topping!