These decadent maca hazelnut chocolate bars have a soft, nutty inside and are coated in a layer of melted dark chocolate. Maca is known for its benefits on hormonal health, while hazelnuts are rich in healthy fats, antioxidants, and minerals that will enhance your nutrition. Cacao, the main ingredient in dark chocolate, is a source of polyphenols, which have been widely associated with health benefits.
- Place the biscuits in a blender or food processor and process until finely crushed. Transfer them to a large bowl.(2 minutes)
- Process the hazelnuts until finely ground. Add them to the bowl with ground biscuits.(2 minutes)
- Add the cinnamon, give it a mix, and then add the milk. Mix everything well until a thick dough forms. Add a little more milk if it seems to dry.(2 minutes)
- Shape dough into a square (3/4-inch thick). Cut it into 10 bars. Then gently roll each bar in your hands to round the edges. Place them on a plate and refrigerate them for 30 minutes.(30 minutes)
- Melt the dark chocolate chips and coconut oil until smooth. Using two forks, dip each bar in the melted chocolate until completely coated. Place it the fridge until the chocolate has firmed up.(30 minutes)
The sweetness of these Maca Hazelnut Chocolate Bars will depend on the type of cookies or biscuits you'll use. If you want the bars to be sweeter, simply sweeten the dough with a little bit of maple syrup (just adjust the amount of milk you add so that the dough is not too wet) or use semisweet chocolate chips.