This recipe wonderfully balances pumpkin's mellow flavors with the spiciness of red chili peppers. This orange, fiber-rich vegetable contains a richness of antioxidant and anti-inflammatory compounds, capable of strengthening the heart. The spicy flakes of red chili pepper also contain heart-promoting compounds as well as those helpful in lowering bad cholesterol and supporting eye health. Spearmint adds a refreshing touch to this delicious soup and a handful of digestion-friendly nutrients.
- Sauté the onions and garlic in a pot over medium heat until soft.(3 minutes)
- Add the pumpkin and spices and mix to coat.(1 minute)
- Pour in the water or veggie stock and bring to a boil.(5 minutes)
- Lower the heat to medium-low and simmer until soft.(10 minutes)
- Take off the stove and blend 3/4 of the soup in a blender.(3 minutes)
- Return the blended soup to the pot and mix well to incorporate.(1 minute)
- Serve right away, garnished with roasted pumpkin seeds and fresh mint. Enjoy!