Pastina soup is a simple and comforting dish that is anecdotally referred to as Italian penicillin, because it's believed to have healing properties. It offers a creamy and delicious way to enjoy various vegetables that are blended together into a smooth soup. Served hot with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese and some fresh parsley, this easy pastina soup will warm you up during the winter months.
- Add the vegetable broth to a large pot and bring to a boil.(10 minutes)
- Add the vegetables to the boiling broth. Loosely cover with the lid and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.(20 minutes)
- Transfer the vegetables to a blender along with about 1/4 cup of the broth. Process until smooth. Then return the puree back to the pot. Mix to combine.(3 minutes)
- Add the pastina, cover the pot with the lid, and cook for about 8 minutes. If the soup seems too thick, add 1/4 cup of vegetable broth to thin it out.(8 minutes)
- Serve hot with Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley. Enjoy!