There is so much comfort in whipping up a loaf of banana bread from scratch! Even more so when you know it contains wholesome ingredients that will not only please your taste buds, but also nourish your body.
This banana bread is more protein-rich than most recipes because it contains sacha inchi, an Amazonian seed recognized for its effects on regulating cholesterol levels and supporting the heart. Oats are another invaluable addition to a balanced diet for they are an excellent source of dietary fiber and essential nutrients. Bananas, on the other hand, are the basis of this recipe and enrich it with B vitamins, complex carbs, and tryptophan for mood boost.
- Start by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F (176 degrees C).
- Lightly grease a loaf pan and then coat it in flour. Shake off the excess and set it aside.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a fork.(2 minutes)
- Add the brown sugar, vanilla, and apple sauce. Mix it all in.(3 minutes)
- Add the flour, sacha inchi powder, ground oats, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.(3 minutes)
- Transfer the batter to the loaf pan and garnish it with sliced bananas.(1 minute)
- Bake for 45 minutes uncovered. Then cover it with aluminum foil and bake for another 15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry.(60 minutes)
- Let cool completely before slicing. Enjoy!
For extra sweetness, you may top your healthy banana bread with sacha inchi with homemade ice cream, like this vegan lucuma ice cream, or goldenberry jam.