Making goldenberry jam at home is an excellent way to take advantage of the fruits' nutritional value and unique flavor profile. These South American berries are a great source of fiber, which is beneficial for lowering bad cholesterol and improving digestion. Also, they are rich in potassium, vitamin A, and polyphenols for a well-rounded nutrition.
- Soak the goldenberries in water overnight.
- The next day, transfer the berries to a blender, reserving half of the liquid. Blend the fruits until pureed.(3 minutes)
- Pour the mixture into a pot and add the lemon juice and the agave syrup.(1 minute)
- Add the pectin to the reserved liquid and mix well.(1 minute)
- Once dissolved, add it to the fruity mixture and stir well.(1 minute)
- Put the heat on medium and bring the pot to a boil, stirring frequently to prevent sticking to the bottom. Let it boil for three minutes and then take it off the stove.(5 minutes)
- Transfer the hot jam into a glass jar and set aside to cool down (it will thicken as it cools down). Store in a refrigerator.(1 minute)