It is hard to believe a dish so simple can have such richness of flavor! This melt-in-your-mouth dessert features naturally sweet peaches, baked to perfection and readily sharing their nutrients and antioxidants. They are topped with a delectable amaranth-oat crumble, which is enhanced with cinnamon and adds a good dose of protein and dietary fiber as well as a crispy touch that to this healthy dessert.
- Start by preheating the oven to 350°F (176°C).
- Cut the peaches in quarters and remove the pits. Mix them in a bowl with the sugar and cornstarch. Transfer them to a baking dish. Set aside.(5 minutes)
- To make the topping, process the almonds in a blender until finely ground.(2 minutes)
- Place them in a small bowl and add the rest of the ingredients. Mix well. Then top the peaches with it. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.(30 minutes)
- Take out of the oven and set aside to cool. Enjoy!
You may top your amaranth peach crisp with whipped coconut cream, Greek yogurt, or homemade ice cream, like this vegan lucuma ice cream.