These easy muffins offer a delicious combination of flavors and textures. They are a little more dense than regular muffins thanks to the addition of flaked kaniwa, which increases their protein content and enriches them with iron. They are also filled with maple-flavored cashew cream, creating a lovely contrast between the chocolaty outside and creamy inside.
- Start by soaking the cashews overnight or in hot water for at least three to four water.
- The next day, drain them and place them in a blender. Add maple syrup and a quarter cup of milk and process until smooth and creamy. Place in the fridge to set.(5 minutes)
- Preheat the overn to 350 degrees F (176 degrees C). Line a muffin tin with liners and set them aside.(2 minutes)
- In a large bowl, place the mashed bananas, the remaining quarter cup of milk, vanilla extract, and melted coconut oil and give them a good mix.(5 minutes)
- Add the flour, kaniwa flakes, salt, coconut sugar, cacao powder, baking powder, baking soda, and vinegar. Give it a mix.(5 minutes)
- Fill each muffin tin a third of the way up with the mixture, drop about a teaspoon of cashew filling in the center, and then cover it with the remaining batter, evenly distributing it among the muffin tins.(5 minutes)
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.(20 minutes)
- Take out of the oven and set aside to cool completely. You may garnish your muffins with a litlle of powdered sugar. Enjoy!