Usually perceived as a comfort food, potatoes are actually a good source of nutrients, including potassium, calcium, and vitamins C and B6. Amaranth, on the other hand, is a gluten-free source of complete protein for optimal tissue growth and repair. Enhanced with parsley, this recipe transforms the good old potatoes into a flavorful, healthy, and satisfying dish.
- Cook potatoes, including the sweet potato, until tender. Then drain, peel, and mash them until smooth. Set aside to cool.(30 minutes)
- Once they are cool, place the potatoes in a large bowl. Add all of the ingredients, except for the olive oil for frying. Mix everything together until smooth and well combined.(5 minutes)
- Using your hands, form eight balls, roll each of them in bread crumbs, then place them on a cutting board and flatten them into patties.(5 minutes)
- Heat up a cast iron skillet with olive oil. Fry the potato cakes on medium heat for about five minutes on each side, or until golden brown.(10 minutes)
- Garnish as desired and enjoy warm!
Top your mashed potato cakes with herbed sour cream, cream cheese, or oregano cashew dip.