- Estimated Time1 Hour 0 Minute
- Form of UseOral
- 6 tablespoons of Turmeric (root, chopped and peeled)
- 3 teaspoons of Honey
- 1 1/2 liters of Water (Cold)
This exotic and aromatic decoction can help people with chronic pain or arthritic conditions, lessening joint inflammation and the discomfort it causes, thanks to the anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric. In order for it to be most effective, it should be drunk throughout the day on a consistent basis. Although it can be drunk hot, cold, or even frozen into iced tea cubes, it is recommended to store it in the refrigerator once brewed.
- Place the turmeric chunks in a small pot and cover it with the cold water. Turn the stove on low heat.
- Raise the fire to medium heat until the water reaches a rolling boil.(15 minutes)
- Lower the fire to the minimum level, and let simmer covered for 45 minutes. Set aside and let it cool before straining the mixture. For stronger tea, let it simmer for up to an hour.(45 minutes)
- Add honey two minutes before turning off the stove.
Drink this decoction three times a day for at least two weeks in order to manage chronic joint pain and prevent flare-ups. Dosage may vary from person to person based on the severity of inflammation and individual body response, so it may be adjusted as necessary under the guidance of a doctor.