Homemade tortillas are not only easy and quick, but will also give you endless options for delicious breakfast, lunch, and dinner meals throughout the week. This particular tortilla recipe is richer in complete protein and micronutrients thanks to the addition of amaranth.
- Add the flours, baking powder, and salt to a medium size bowl. Give it a mix.(2 minutes)
- Add the oil and warm water and mix them in with a fork.(2 minutes)
- Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface and need it for a few minutes until a smooth dough forms. Add more flour if it seems too wet.(4 minutes)
- Shape dough into a ball, cover it with kitchen towel, and let sit for 20 minutes.(20 minutes)
- Then divide it into 8 equal parts, form each part into a ball, and then roll each ball (working one at a time) into a thin circle.(3 minutes)
- Fry your tortilla on a lightly greased skillet for about 45 seconds on each side. Repeat with the rest of dough.(10 minutes)
Use these homemade tortillas with amaranth flour in your wraps, tacos, quesadillas, fajitas, and more!