These baked amaranth flakes with strawberries are the perfect prepare-ahead breakfast option! Amaranth's richness in protein give the body what it needs to growth and repair itself, while fiber keeps the digestive system run smoothily. Banana and strawberries also add good amounts of fiber as well as key vitamins and minerals, including potassium.
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF (200ºC).
- Mash the banana in a bowl.(2 minutes)
- Add the milk, maple syrup, egg, and salt. Whisk it to combine.(2 minutes)
- Cut the strawberries into smaller pieces and add them to the bowl along with amaranth flakes. Mix.(5 minutes)
- Transfer the batter into a 10 by 7-inch baking dish. Garnish with sliced strawberries and bake for half an hour, or until golden brown.(30 minutes)
- Take out of the oven and set aside to cool before serving. Serve on its own or drizzled with strawberry jam. Enjoy!