A healthy alternative to the classic wheat flour pizza, this dough only requires a few ingredients, namely ground almonds, rich in dietary fiber and minerals, and sacha inchi, a great source of vegan protein and healthy omega fatty acids. Gluten-free and grain-free, this is a very tasty and crunchy crust that bakes quickly and can be enjoyed with your favorite pizza toppings.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C)
- To a medium bowl, add the almond flour, sacha inchi, onion, and garlic powders. Add salt and whisk very well to combine.(2 minutes)
- Add the eggs one by one and the olive oil. Mix everything with a wooden spoon until you get a thick dough that can be molded with your hands.(3 minutes)
- Form the dough into a ball and transfer to a pizza pan. Spread it with your hands to cover the whole surface.(3 minutes)
- Pre-bake the crust for ten minutes while preparing the toppings.(10 minutes)
- Cut the onion into thin slices that are about 1/8 to 1/4 inches long. Sauté them in the skillet until lightly golden. Add the previously sliced mushrooms and sauté for few minutes until soft.(6 minutes)
- Cut the fresh tomato in thin slices, as well as the kalamata olives in halves.(3 minutes)
- Take the crust out of the oven and cover with the toppings (onions, mushrooms, tomatoes, and olives). Put everything back in the oven for few more minutes until the sides of the crust are golden.(5 minutes)
- Turn off the oven and put the pizza on the countertop. Cover with generous spoonfuls of the oregano cashew spread and sprinkles of dried oregano. Slice it and enjoy!(3 minutes)
This flourless pizza crust can also be topped with other vegetables and herbs. Try it with broccoli, bell peppers, spinach, or basil.