Ratatouille is a French classic that can be enjoyed as a main course or side dish. Beautifully arranged and nested in a delicious marinara sauce, these thinly sliced, herbed veggies are cooked to perfection, creating an aromatic and flavorful meal that will brighten up any dinner table.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Thinly slice all of the veggies, making sure they are roughly the same size.(5 minutes)
- Spread the marinara sauce at the bottom of a 12-inch oven-safe dish. Sprinkle the sauce with half of dried oregano, dried thyme, and a pinch of crushed red pepper flakes.(2 minutes)
- Arrange the sliced vegetables in alternating pattern. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, and the rest of dried herbs and drizzle with olive oil.(5 minutes)
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake for 50 minutes. Then uncover the pan and bake it for another 10 minutes or until vegetables are soft and the sauce is bubbling.(1 hour)
- Let cool for a few minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh basil and enjoy!