This delicious and easy-to-make risotto is made with roasted vegetables, which adds layers of flavor and texture to this dish. It is also rich in key vitamins and minerals for a well-rounded nutrition, including zucchini's manganese, bell pepper's folate, and tomato's lycopene. This roasted vegetable risotto can be enjoyed on its own or alongside lean protein, including chickpeas, beans, or tofu.
- Start by roasting the vegetables: Place ticed tomatoes, bell peppers, and zucchini on a baking sheet. Coat them with one tablespoon of olive oil, salt, and pepper. Bake at 350 degrees F (176 degrees C) for half an hour.(30 minutes)
- Then sauté the onions in two tablespoons of olive oil on medium high heat.(5 minutes)
- Add the garlic and cook it for another minute before adding the rice.(1 minute)
- Add the tomato puree, vinegar, vegetable broth, and give it all a good mix. Cook for 20 minutes, stirring every now and then.(20 minutes)
- Add the roasted vegetables, sun-dfried tomatoes, salt, and pepper. Cook it for a few more minutes until the rice is soft. Add more broth or water if the mixture starts to stick to the bottom.(3 minutes)
- Turn the heat off and add the parsley. Enjoy!