- Estimated Time2 Hours 6 Minutes
- Yield1-cup disc
Without a doubt, this cashew cheese coated with pistachios will exceed your highest expectations. Cashews are versatile nuts that can be used in healthy desserts and savory dishes alike. They are a good source of plant-based protein as well as healthy fats, which help lower "bad" cholesterol, thus protecting the heart. Their mildly sweet flavor and soft consistency make them a great base for vegan cheeses, especially when seasoned with nutritional yeast and miso paste. Crusted with fiber- and potassium-rich pistachios, this cashew cheese is a delicious and wholesome treat.
- Soak the cashews for two hours.(2 hours)
- Then drain them and place them in a blender. Add the lemon juice and water and blend until smooth and creamy.(2 minutes)
- Add the nutritional yeast, salt, and the miso paste and blend to combine. Then add the coconut oil and give it a final mix. Place the mixture in a container and put in the fridge for a few hours.(2 minutes)
- When it hardens, take it out of the fridge and shape it into a disc. Cover it with chopped pistachios and serve!(2 minutes)
This tasty cashew cheese can be served alongside veggie sticks, like carrots, cucumbers, or celery. It also complements a variety of crackers, including sun-dried tomato sacha inchi crackers or homemade seed crackers with maca.