- Estimated Time2 Hours 26 Minutes
- Yield6 servings
Camu camu is arguably the richest known source of vitamin C, providing about 30 times more ascorbic acid per serving than an orange. This tasty brownie combines the antioxidant properties of camu camu powder with the healthy fatty acids and protein-rich content of peanuts. When these powerful ingredients are blended with dried figs, which are high in digestive fiber and low in sugar, you get a nutritious snack that will fill you with plenty of energy between meals.
- Cover the dried figs with boiling water and let them sit for about 15 minutes. Discard the water and set aside the figs.(15 minutes)
- In a food processor, blend the soaked figs, the peanut butter, and part of the pecans with short pulses, until all ingredients are well combined.(5 minutes)
- Add the camu camu powder and the coconut oil. Blend again until you obtain a consistent, smooth paste.(2 minutes)
- Transfer the mixture into a medium bowl and, with the help of a spatula, mix in the rest of the chopped pecans.(1 minute)
- Cover a square pan with parchment paper and pour in the mixture. Spread the preparation with a spatula and press with your hands until it is evenly distributed.(2 minutes)
- Top with some extra pecans for decoration, pressing slightly to make a thin crust over the mixture.(1 minute)
- Reserve in the fridge for a couple of hours. Slice the preparation into bars or square bites and enjoy!(2 hours)
Although these peanut butter brownies with camu camu are rich on their own, they can also be accompanied by a scoop of delicious homemade ice-cream, such as lucuma ice cream or camu camu blueberry chia ice cream.