- Estimated Time7 Minutes
- Yield2 servings
- 1/2 cup of Amaranth Flour
- 1 tablespoon of Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups of Soymilk (or whole milk)
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla extract
If you are searching for a quick and easy healthy breakfast, this amaranth flour porridge is for you! It comes together in minutes and will keep you full and well nourished.
This creamy porridge features amaranth, which cuts down on the cooking time. This South American grain also offers protein, dietary fiber, and an abundance of vitamins and minerals, like manganese, copper, or magnesium, for a nutritious start to your day.
- Pour milk into a saucepan and whisk in the amaranth flour until well combined.(3 minutes)
- Put the heat to medium-low, add the sugar and vanilla extract, and simmer for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.(3 minutes)
- Once thick and creamy, take off the stove and pour into serving bowls. Garnish as desired and enjoy!(1 minute)
Since it is low in calories, there is room for a variety of delicious toppings. You may garnish your amaranth breakfast porridge with a number of toppings, from fresh fruits, like strawberries, bananas, and mango to cacao nibs, chocolate chips, homemade granola, or coconut shreds. You may also drizzle some maple syrup or agave for extra sweetness.