This recipe is a delicious option for snacking the healthier way. Although they are definitely a treat, these pumpkin spice candied sacha inchi seeds are made with wholesome and unrefined ingredients. For starters, sacha inchi itself is one of the richest natural sources of protein, not to mention omega-3 fatty acids. The coconut sugar is a healthier alternative to refined table sugar, whereas the spices included in the pumpkin spice mix, such as cinnamon, ginger, or allspice, offer an abundance of immune-boosting compounds as well as a delicious flavor and aroma.
- Start by preparing a parchment paper lined baking sheet and setting it aside.
- In a small saucepan, place the maple syrup, coconut sugar, and coconut oil. Melt on low heat.(3 minutes)
- Whisk in the pumpkin spice mix and salt.(1 minute)
- Add the sacha inchi seeds and continue stirring until the liquid thickens and coats all of the seeds.(5 minutes)
- Transfer the seeds onto your baking sheet and spread them so that they don't clump up. Set them aside or place them in a refrigerator to cool and harden. Once set, transfer to an airtight container and enjoy!
If you don't have the pumpkin spice mix handy, you may substitute it with two teaspoons of ground cinnamon, one teaspoon of ground ginger, half a teaspoon of ground allspice, half a teaspoon of ground cloves, and a pinch of ground nutmeg.