These frozen banana bites are a great example that snacking can be good for you. They are made with four simple ingredients, store well in the freezer, and can be a great pick-me-up on a busy day. Plus, they will give your body protein, complex carbs, and healthy fats from peanuts, bananas, cacao, and coconut.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.(1 minute)
- Peel the bananas and slice them about ¼ inch thick.(3 minutes)
- Place about ½ teaspoon of peanut butter on half of the banana slices. Then top each of them with the remaining banana slices, making a little sandwich. Place them on the baking sheet and freeze them for an hour.(1 hour)
- Melt the chocolate chips with coconut oil in the microwave until smooth and completely melted.(2 minutes)
- Working in two batches, take the bites out of the freezer and dip them in chocolate one by one. You can sprinkle them with crushed peanuts.(5 minutes)
- Place the peanut butter banana bites in the freezer for 10-15 minutes.(10 minutes)
- When ready to serve, you can take them out of the freezer to allow them to thaw for a few minutes. Enjoy!