This poppy seed bread checks all of the boxes for a perfect dessert: it contains healthy ingredients, like protein-rich kaniwa, whole wheat flour, and Greek yogurt; it takes almost no time to make; and it has a moist texture and delicious flavor. Poppy seeds not only give this bread an aesthetic charm, but also enrich it with dietary fiber as well as essential vitamins and minerals.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C). Lightly grease a loaf pan and set it aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the whole wheat flour, kaniwa flour, salt, and baking powder.(2 minutes)
- In another bowl, combine together the greek yogurt, olive oil, vanilla extract, eggs, sugar, poppy seeds, and lemon zest.(3 minutes)
- Transfer the dry ingredients into the bowl with the wet ingredients. Mix until incorporated and pour into the prepared loaf pan.(5 minutes)
- Bake for about 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.(50 minutes)
- Take out of the oven and let cool completely. Enjoy!
If you desire, you may top your poppy seed bread with the glaze. Mix ½ cup of powdered sugar with 1 tablespoon of lemon juice (or a little more) and pour it over the bread.