These orange bars feature a soft orange egg custard, seated on a shortbread base made from ground almonds, kaniwa, and coconut. Combining wholesome ingredients and delicious flavors, this orange bars recipe is a great option for a healthy dessert.
- Mix together the kaniwa flour, almond flour, 1/2 cup of coconut flour, and 1/4 cup of maple syrup.(3 minutes)
- When well combined, transfer the dough to an 8x8 baking dish lined with parchment paper. Press it down, poke holes with a fork, and bake it for 10 minutes.(10 seconds)
- Meanwhile, whisk the eggs with a fork until lightly fluffy. Add the orange juice, the remaining 1/4 cup of maple syrup, and two tablespoons of coconut flour.(3 minutes)
- Take out the base from the oven, pour the custard over it, and bake it for about 22 minutes.(22 minutes)
- Take the cake out of the oven and set aside to cool completely.
- To make the lemon glaze, mix together the confectioner's sugar with one teaspoon of lemon juice. Add more to reach the desired consistency. Pour over the cake and set aside to solidify.(15 minutes)
- Cut into bars and enjoy!