Unlike desserts packed with sugar, eating a piece of a delicious maca bar will give your body an abundance of nutrients and fiber. For starters, maca is a South American superfood, recognized for its effects on hormonal balance. Cacao is a great energy and mood stimulant thanks to its richness in theobromine. Hazelnuts and flax have been shown to decrease the risk of heart disease. On top of that, blueberries are one of the best sources of antioxidants and give these maca cacao hazelnut bars a great dose of freshness.
- Soak hazelnuts in water for four hours.
- To make the crust, place one tablespoon of agave syrup, ground flax seeds, almond flour, and one tablespoon of coconut oil in a food processor. Continue pulsing until dough-like consistency.(4 minutes)
- Lightly oil a 9 x 9-inch baking dish and press the dough onto the bottom until evenly distributed. Place in the freezer for half an hour.(30 minutes)
- For the filling, drain the hazelnuts and process them with the remaining ingredients to form a smooth and thick mixture. Add a little bit more water if it is too thick.(3 minutes)
- Take the crust of out of the freezer, spread the filling onto it, and then place it back in the freezer for another hour.(1 hour)
- When firm, transfer it to the fridge before serving. Garnish with fresh blueberries and enjoy!
For other superfood-charged delicacies, try chocolate sacha inchi pie, pumpkin sacha inchi cheesecake, lucuma tiramisu, or goldenberry linzertorte.