This flavorful pie is loaded with wholesome ingredients! Almonds and cashews offer healthy fats and dietary fiber, essential in regulating digestion, whereas flax helps lower bad cholesterol and improve hormonal balance thanks to its richness in omega-3 fatty acids and phytoestrogens. Sacha inchi provides a good dose of highly digestible complete protein, while cacao lends its medicinal compounds known for lowering blood pressure and improving mood and energy levels. Topping this pie with antioxidant raspberries makes it a delicious and highly nutritious treat.
- Soak the cashews in water for two hours.(2 hours)
- To make the crust, place the almonds, ground flax, and a pinch of salt in a food processor and process into a meal. Then add two tablespoons coconut oil and one tablespoon maple syrup and pulse until the dough starts to stick together.(5 minutes)
- Transfer it into a lightly oiled tart pan and press into the bottom and the sides. Place in the freezer for half an hour to harden.(33 minutes)
- In the meantime, make the filling. Place the cashews, cacao powder, half a cup of coconut oil, two tablespoons of maple syrup, chia seeds, a pinch of salt, and sacha inchi powder into a food processor and pulse to incorporate. Start adding the water in between the pulses until a smooth and thick mass develops.(5 minutes)
- Take the crust out of the freezer, evenly spread the filling, and place it back in the freezer for an hour to solidify.(1 hour)
- When firm, move the pie to the fridge until serving. Garnish with fresh raspberries and cacao nibs and enjoy!(2 minutes)