Pumpkin is a versatile vegetable that can be use in a myriad of recipes but, above all, it is a symbol of the American holidays. This creamy, delicious cheesecake recreates the all-time favorite flavors of traditional pumpkin pie, with a fresh twist. The use of sacha inchi and almonds in the crust, mixed with whole wheat vanilla crackers, adds great protein value to this dessert.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C)
- Add the crackers and the sacha inchi powder to a food processor and blend until finely ground. Then add the almond butter and mix until you can form a compact dough with your hands.(5 minutes)
- Cover the bottom of a nine-inch (25 cm) detachable round mold with the crust. Wrap the base and sides of the pan with aluminum paper. Set aside.(5 minutes)
- In a bowl, soften the cream cheese. Add the sugar and the maple syrup. Mix until combined.(5 minutes)
- Add the pumpkin puree and the pumpkin spices to the cream cheese. Combine very well and add the eggs one by one until you obtain a creamy mixture.(3 minutes)
- Sift the mixture of flour and baking flour on top of the mix and combine.(2 minutes)
- Pour the cheesecake mix over the crust. Distribute evenly with a spoon. Place the pan into a deep tray and add hot water until it reaches about half of the sides. The aluminum wrap will prevent any possible water filtration.(5 minutes)
- Bake for about an hour. The cheesecake will be done when the sides are firm and the center still wobbly.(60 minutes)
- Turn off the oven and put the detachable mold on a rack until it is room temperature. Take the cheesecake off the pan. Drizzle with caramel sauce, decorate with chopped pecans and enjoy!