These aromatic mushrooms are full of flavor and nutrients. Instead of the usual bread crumbs, they are stuffed with flaked kaniwa. This South American superfood enriches their nutritional value with protein and adds pleasant nutty undertones. Garlic, parsley, and nutritional yeast create the perfect balance of flavors and textures, resulting in a delicious side dish or a crowd-pleasing appetizer.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (176 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms and chop them finely. Reseve the caps.(5 minutes)
- In a skillet, warm up one tablespoon of olive oil and add the stems. Cook for about three minutes, then add the garlic and cook for two more minutes.(5 minutes)
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients, except for the reserved mushrooms caps. Give everything a good mix. If the mixture seems dry, you may add a little bit of water.(3 minutes)
- Fill the mushrooms caps with the mixture and place them on the baking dish. Bake for 15 minutes.(20 minutes)
- Serve warm. Enjoy!