If you are searching for a quick and simple side dish that will complement whole grains and lean protein in you next meal, look no further! This delicious and creamy butternut squash with dill will quickly become your go-to recipe. It offers a richness of nutrients, like vitamins A, B, and C as well as magnesium, potassium, and manganese. Butternut squash is also filling, while being relatively low in calories and rich in dietary fiber. This butternut squash side dish also features dill, cumin, and garlic, all of which coat the squash with their lovely flavor and aroma.
- Peel and cube the butternut squash. Set aside. (10 minutes)
- Pour the olive oil into a pot, add minced garlic, and put the heat on to low. Let the garlic infuse the oil as it heats up, but be careful not to burn it. (3 minutes)
- When the garlic is fragrant, add the butternut squash and give it a mix. Add salt, pepper, cumin, and dried dill and mix it again. (2 minutes)
- Add the water, put the lid on, and cook it until the water evaporates and the cubes start turning slightly brown on the sides. How quickly the squash softens will depend on the size of the cubes. If the cubes are soft, take the pot off the stove. If they are not soft yet, add a little bit more water, put the lid on, and cook it for a little longer. (10 minutes)
- Serve warm garnished with more dill and enjoy!