Not many desserts can compete with this kaniwa flake berry crisp. In fact, it is wholesome enough to be enjoyed for breakfast! The crispy topping is made with flaked kaniwa, oats, almonds, and pecans, which add a good dose of protein, healthy fats, and fiber. The juicy bottom is a delicious combination of antioxidant berries that perfectly complement the topping.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a bowl, combine the berries, brown sugar, lemon juice, and cornstarch. Set it aside.(3 minutes)
- In another bowl, mix together the oats, kaniwa flour, pecans, almonds, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.(3 minutes)
- Then add in the maple syrup and coconut oil. Give it all a good mix.(2 minutes)
- Transfer the berry mixture into an oven-proof baking dish. Then top it with the kaniwa, oat, and nut mixture. Bake for 40 minutes.(40 minutes)
- Let it cool slightly before serving. Then transfer into bowls and serve on its own or alongside ice cream, whipped coconut cream, or yogurt. Enjoy!