These nutritious and gluten-free carrot flatbreads with amaranth flour are the perfect base for healthy sandwiches. Their flavor goes well with a variety of toppings, and their wholesome ingredients, including amaranth, almonds, and the seeds of sunflower and pumpkin, make them a wonderful addition to everyday diet.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Chop the carrots in a food processor and place them in a bowl. Then process the almonds with sunflower and pumpkin seeds and add them to the same bowl.(3 minutes)
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until well-incorporated. The mixture should be moist, but not wet.(2 minutes)
- Transfer the mixture onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Flatten it with your hands and bake it for 20-25 minutes or until firm.(25 minutes)
- Take out of the oven and let cool completely. Then gently remove the parchment paper and cut the bread into smaller slices. Store in the fridge. Enjoy!
You can garnish your amaranth flatbread with cream cheese, homemade guacamole, and roasted pepper hummus as well as fresh veggies, including tomatoes, cucumbers, avocados, and alfalfa sprouts.