This homemade balm for sore muscles is worth having on hand, especially post-workout. It contains ginger and cayenne, strong anti-inflammatory herbs, which have been found to relieve muscle aches and tension quickly and effectively. It is also infused with two powerful essential oils, rosemary and marjoram, both of which are capable of relaxing muscles spams and reducing soreness and inflammation.
- Create a double boiler and begin by melting the beeswax pallets and coconut oil.(4 minutes)
- Add the olive oil, ginger, and cayenne and mix well to combine.(2 minutes)
- Take off the stove and strain over a fine mesh.(1 minute)
- Add the rosemary and marjoram essential oils. Mix well. Then transfer into balm tins. Set aside to cool.(2 minutes)
- When the balm solidifies, store it in a dry, cool place away from direct sunlight.
Apply a pea-sized amount of this ginger cayenne balm with rosemary and marjoram to clean skin free of open wounds. Massage in a circular motion; repeat as necessary.