Whether you have a burn, wound, or infection, it is important to repair the skin quickly to avoid scarring or discoloration. The volatile oils in calendula stimulate blood flow to the wound for faster healing, while gotu kola's triterpenoids strengthen the skin. The oils of jojoba and coconut, on the other hand, provide deep moisturizing and emollient effects. With a soothing beeswax base, this gotu kola and calendula cream is a topical favorite for individual's of all ages.
- Place the jojoba oil and the dried gotu kola in a jar. Mix well, close tightly, and set aside to infuse for four weeks.
- After a month, strain through a cheesecloth. Keep the infused oil and discard the herbs.(2 hours)
- Place the oil in a saucepan. Add the coconut oil and beeswax and put the heat on low. Keep it on the stove until melted.(3 minutes)
- Remove this mixture from the fire, let it cool for two minutes.(2 minutes)
- Place the distilled water in a blender and turn in on. Slowly start adding the oil mixture into the spinning water until creamy consistency.(3 minutes)
- Add the essential oil and mix well. Pour into a clean container.(2 minutes)
This cream should be applied two to three times a day, directly on the skin lesions and immediately after disinfecting it.