- Estimated Time27 Minutes
- Form of UseTopical
- 1/3 cup of Calendula (petals)
- 1/2 cup of Elderberry (leaves)
- 1/2 pint of Olive Oil
- 1 ounce of Beeswax
This anti-inflammatory, skin-friendly ointment will penetrate bruises thanks to its antioxidants and promote speedy and pain-free healing. Apply topically to bruises, massaging it gently into the skin as needed.
- Gently warm the olive oil in a saucepan over low heat; add the elderberry leaves and calendula petals and simmer until the elderberry leaves become crisp.(7 minutes)
- Strain the herbs and compost. Transfer the oil back to the saucepan over a low heat and add the beeswax. Stir the mixture until the beeswax is melted and combined.(5 minutes)
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and allow the ointment to cool before transferring it into sealable containers, ready to use.(15 minutes)
Keep this ointment in a cool, dark location where it will keep indefinitely. Use as required.