- Estimated Time7 Minutes
- Form of UseTopical
Echinacea and goldenseal have been used to treat wounds for centuries. While both herbs possess antibacterial properties helpful in preventing infections, goldenseal is also a powerful antiseptic capable of killing other microorganisms as well. Behind the popular use of goldenseal for wounds lies its ability to speed up the healing process. This echinacea goldenseal mixture will make this easy and effective salve a go-to remedy for treating wounds.
- Place the leaves and flowers into a jar and pour the olive oil over them, making sure they are well covered. Set aside for four weeks to infuse.
- After a month, strain the mixture and reserve the infused oil.(2 minutes)
- Place the oil in a saucepan, add the beeswax, and warm it up on low heat until completely melted.(3 minutes)
- Take it off the stove, add the essential oil, and mix well. Pour the liquid into containers and set aside to solidify.(2 minutes)
- Put the lid on and store in the fridge or a cabinet for up to six months.
Apply this echinacea goldenseal salve directly on the affected area with a cotton ball, as often as needed, until the infection goes away. This remedy is for topical use only.