- Estimated Time3 Minutes
- Yield2 1/4 cup
- Form of UseOral
- 1 1/2 cups of Aloe (juice)
- 3/4 cups of Water (distilled)
- 3 teaspoons of Baking Soda
- 20 Lemongrass (drops of essential oil)
Making your own mouthwash at home allows you to take advantage of medicinal potential of various plants. This antigingivitis mouthwash is made with two powerful herbs, aloe vera and lemongrass, both of which possess strong antibacterial, antiseptic, analgesic, and anti-inflammatory properties. This duo can effectively prevent and relieve painful and swollen gums, among other oral discomforts.
- Mix together the water, baking soda, and aloe vera juice until well combined.(2 minutes)
- Add the lemongrass essential oil drops and give the mixture a stir.(1 minute)
- Transfer into a bottle for storage. You may keep it refrigerated to preserve its freshness. Shake before using.
Use this aloe vera lemongrass mouthwash against gingivitis after each teeth brushing, at least twice a day. To do so, pour about 4 tablespoons worth of the mouthwash into a small cup. Take a sip and swirl the liquid in the mouth for 15-30 seconds. Spit it out and repeat until all the mixture from the cup is used.