This aromatic focaccia bread can be enjoyed on its own or serve as a wonderful base for healthy sandwiches. It is incredibly easy to make, and this particular version is enhanced with protein from amaranth. Fresh rosemary gives it a lovely aroma, while walnuts add a pleasant crunch, treating your taste buds and nostrils to a culinary delight.
- In a large bowl, mix together the amaranth flour, all-purpose flour, and salt.(2 minutes)
- In a small bowl, combine the water, yeast, and olive oil. Add the mixture to the flour bowl.(2 minutes)
- Mix until everything is well combined and a ball forms.(5 minutes)
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and set aside to rise for at least an hour, or until it doubles in size.(1 hour)
- Then preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Transfer the dough into the pan and stretch it so that it covers the whole surface of the pan.(2 minutes)
- With your fingers, poke plenty of holes in the dough. Fill some of the holes with crushed walnuts. Drizzle the whole surface with olive oil and sprinkle it with coarse salt and fresh rosemary leaves.(5 minutes)
- Let the dough rest on the countertop for about half an hour. Then bake it for about 40 minutes, or until puffed and golden.(70 minutes)
- Take out of the oven and set aside to cool for about an hour. Enjoy!