These aromatic cookies go well with coffee or tea. Delicate orange notes surprise the taste buds with every bite and enrich the cookies' almondy flavor. Since they are made with wholesome ingredients, like oats and almonds, these vegan cookies will satisfy your cravings without ruining your healthy diet.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (176 degrees C).
- Place the almond flour, oat flour, two tablespoons of coconut oil, three tablespoons of agave syrup, the zest of one orange, and 1/2 cup of freshly squeezed orange juice. Mix everything together. If it seems too wet, add a little bit more ground oats. If it seems to dry, add a little bit of orange juice.(5 minutes)
- Roll the dough into five logs and cut each into 10 discs. Place them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and flatten them gently with your fingers into evenly sized cookies. Bake for about 10 on each side, or until baked and lightly browned.(20 minutes)
- Take them out of the oven and set aside to cool.
- Melt the cacao butter and four tablespoons of agave syrup. When melted, take it off the stove and add the cacao powder and pure orange extract. Then dip each cookie half way through and place it back on the baking sheet to set. Enjoy!(5 minutes)