These baked vegan doughnuts take only a few minutes to make, and they are a healthier alternative to store-bought doughnuts. Made with naturally sweet bananas and lucuma, they are rich in plant-based protein, beta-carotene, and dietary fiber. Fluffy and light, these vegan doughnuts are irresistibly delicious.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (176°C). Grease a 12-cavity doughnut pan (or two 6-cavity pans) and set it aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the flour, lucuma powder, baking powder, sugar, and salt.(3 minutes)
- Add in the milk, melted butter, mashed banana, and vanilla extract. Mix to combine.(3 minutes)
- Divide the mixture evenly between the doughnut holes.(5 minutes)
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.(20 minutes)
- Take the pan out of the oven and set it aside to cool for 10-15 minutes. Then carefully take the doughnuts out of the pan and place them on a cooling rack to cool completely.
- When ready to garnish, melt the chocolate chips with coconut oil in a double boiler or microwave. Dip each doughnut in melted chocolate and put it aside to set. You may garnish them with your favorite toppings at this step. Enjoy!
Garnish your vegan doughnuts with your favorite crunchy toppings, such as quinoa or amaranth pop, cacao nibs, coconut flakes, hemp seeds, chopped nuts, or crushed pretzels. You can also use fresh fruit, like raspberries and blueberries.