If you're in the market for an easy, yummy, and nutrient-packed snack, look no further than this vegan chocolate chickpea bark. It's rich in protein from chickpeas and antioxidant compounds from cacao. Roasted chickpeas have a lovely crunch and a neutral flavor that goes well with chocolate. You won't be able to tell you're eating legumes.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Drain the chickpeas and then dry them really well with a kitchen towel. Try to remove as many skins as you can.(5 minutes)
- Place the dried chickpeas in a bowl and mix them with olive oil. Give them a mix and then spread them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.(2 minutes)
- Bake until golden browned and crunchy. It may take from 25-35 minutes, depending on your oven. Every 8-10 minutes, toss them around to ensure they roast evenly.(30 minutes)
- Set the roasted chickpeas aside while you melt the chocolate.
- In a double boiler or a microwave, melt the chocolate chips until thick and smooth.(5 minutes)
- Add the roasted chickpeas and give everything a good mix. Spread it evenly on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. It should be about 1/4 inch thick. Place in the freezer to set.(30 minutes)
- Break it up into smaller pieces and enjoy!