These simple, yet delicious vegan blueberry muffins are not only a healthy, but also a delicious start to one's day. Heart health-promoting pecans add a subtle, nutty flavor to these muffins, while the antioxidant-packed blueberries add the perfect amount of fruitiness to each delectable bite. When enhanced with energy-boosting nibs from cacao, you are sure to get your morning off to a good start!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (176 degrees Celsius).
- Grind pecans (or other nut of choice) in a blender to meal-like consistency.(2 minutes)
- Mix olive oil, almond milk, lime juice, maple syrup, vanilla extract, salt, cacao nibs (1/4 cup), and ground pecans together into a bowl.(5 minutes)
- Sift in the flour, baking powder, and baking soda.(2 minutes)
- Mix until ingredients are homogenous. Add more almond milk if necessary to reach batter-like consistency.(2 minutes)
- Add the blueberries and fold in gently, making sure not to crush them. (If using frozen blueberries, make sure to rinse them well and dry them off before adding to the batter so they don’t bleed.)(5 minutes)
- Transfer the batter into 6 muffin cups or a well-oiled muffin sheet.(5 minutes)
- Sprinkle cacao nibs (2 tbsp) on top of each muffin.(5 minutes)
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until the muffins are risen, and a toothpick comes out clean.(20 minutes)
- Let cool briefly. Serve and enjoy with your favorite topping! (They can be kept in the fridge for up to four or five days.)(10 minutes)
These delicious vegan blueberry muffins with cacao nibs can be kept in the fridge in an air-tight container for up to four or five days.