Making these aguaje cream tarts is a yummy way to take advantage of the fruit's nutritional power. Traditionally used for menstrual and menopausal ailments, aguaje has been shown to contain estrogen-like compounds. Nested in a nutritious fig, date, and nut crust and topped with dark chocolate and pistachios, these aguaje cream tarts make for a delicious, healthy dessert.
- Start by making the crust: Place the figs, dates, shredded coconut, and walnuts in a food processor. And blend until chopped and sticky. Press the mixture into two tartlet pans. Set aside.(5 minutes)
- Then make the aguaje cream: Place the drained cashews in a blender with maple syrup, milk, vanilla extract, and the aguaje powder. Process until smooth. Add a little more milk to reach a desired consistency.(5 minutes)
- Pour the aguaje cream into the tartlet pans and smooth our the surface. Set aside.(2 minutes)
- Heat up four tablespoons of milk in a microwave. Add the chocolate chips, let them sit for a minute, then mix until melted and shiny.(3 minutes)
- Pour the chocolate over the aguaje cream. Garnish with pistachios and place in the fridge to set. Enjoy!(2 minutes)
Though naturally earthy, aguaje powder nicely complements a variety of dishes, like the aforementioned cashew cream or this aguaje strawberry and cream smoothie.